I revived this poem from two years ago because it feels even more relevant today!
© by Christine O’Brien
Possible, impossible, a constant weave
Do we have control over where we go?
When the powers that be cause us to grieve,
Can we grab the reins, redirect the flow?
When so-called leaders don’t know how to lead
When ambassadorship, isn’t their forte
Why do we entrust what we hold sacred
to those who lead us to certain “muerte“?
Resources are finite, global warming, fact
Denial has been a way of life too long
We are coming up against our earth’s lack
How can she provide when we ignore her song?
This regime cannot withstand the earth’s dream
She will have her way as they sit and scheme.
Why is there a battle between humankind and nature? Didn’t we arise from nature and doesn’t nature include us as some wise persons have noted? When do we decide to heed the warnings and begin to turn things around?
Project Drawdown is a ray of hope today. Have you heard of it? Following is a short clip that gives a glimpse into the possible. What’s impossible is the direction we’ve been going.
The following clip is about 1-1/2 minutes long. Paul Hawkens is the speaker.
Here’s my invitation to you.
- Make yourself a cup of your favorite tea.
- Have a pen and pad handy.
- Google “YouTube video of Project Drawdown” or Paul Hawken (he is one of the spokespersons for this project).
- There are several videos of varying length.
- Choose one.
- Listen deeply and take notes.
- Is there anything that connects with you?
- Is there anything that is spoken that arouses your concern, interest or passion?
- Consider learning more about it.
- Begin talking to others about it.
- Is there the possibility of forming a circle with others with similar concerns?
- Is there an immediate action that you want to take? A group action?
I believe that it’s possible to change a direction if we act soon.